I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

10 September 2007

Moving Through Uncertainty

Ok, I have to be brief because ideally I'll get my haircut today. I was going for Aveda but the opportunity passed so now I'm looking at you, Hair Cuttery. Would anyone ever want to go somewhere called the Cuttery? Apparently. I'll be sure to put up the sexy pictures if they happen.

Speaking of sexy pictures, no one comments about Will Smith? Come on! This is the Willenium!

I'm trying to write. Sort of? I'm looking at a finished script that isn't... formatted correctly? I'm trying to edit out some inconsistencies and maybe make it more script-standard, if that exists. But then there's always the possibility that I'll always be working on it so I never have to test its quality. Right. I think right now we're somewhere in the middle, which is ok, because it means I'm still legitimately working. I just need to be more consistent.
I also started working on an old script I wrote as a short film in college. I've always wanted to expand it into a feature length, but I don't know if there's a whole story there. Or if there is, it has nothing to do with what I already wrote, and I need to tear up the old stuff, which feels like throwing away the map when you're lost.

Ick. Haircut is tomorrow. I was reading through Madeleine L'Engle's Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art yesterday. I mentioned it a long time ago on that blog I used to have that wasn't here. She makes me think that art can be good regardless of the artist. Kurt Vonnegut says something similar. But I think there's an idea that because we are flawed, or corrupt, or self-righteous, we can't create something beautiful, or worthy, or desirable. In reality, with L'Engle or Vonnegut, the art becomes great because of what it tries to be, rather than what it is, or the artist. And I like that idea, that art and creation and the ways that we express ourselves make us greater than we are, that we can then rise above our faults without excusing them.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, September 10, 2007, Blogger Class of 2000 officers said…

    i was going to say 'you stole my line,' but i didn't want to look desperate.

    willenium. nice.

    i'm afraid to ask for the script.
    i want to read it, but what if i hate it?

    kidding!

    (nervous laughter)

     
  • At 10:17 PM, September 10, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    You should get your hair cut at Milio's on Belmont. Ask for Erin. She's the best haircut I've ever had, and she plays roller derby.

    Also, we should hang out. For real!

     
  • At 11:05 PM, September 10, 2007, Blogger Monsterbeard said…

    Michele, how much is that? And, we should hang out. I heard about this new thing that people are starting to do. It's where the punch numbers into a little box and it connects you to another person on another box! I know! Anyway, it's your turn, but I'll try to be proactive.

    LZ- There will be plenty you'll want to steal if you read my script. It's that good. Do you like reading things on a computer screen?

     
  • At 7:42 PM, September 12, 2007, Blogger Class of 2000 officers said…

    that's pretty much how i live my life.

    was that an open-ended question?

    michele! remember that time we met in real life?! i can't get over that.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, September 12, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    Chris--It's a little expensive. $35 or $40. Worth it, though, if you really want to look like Orlando Bloom.

    l-jo--I remember it like it was yesterday. I see that my blog roll name has not changed, however. America still thinks that I don't have a face.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home