I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

19 April 2007

Turn the Page to Tomorrow

This Virginia Tech thing is getting worse. I guess. I mean, how do you get worse at this point? You don't. You're just grateful it's over.
It's like, we focus so much on this kid, this messed up kid who loses his way and that sucks, and we don't get to look into the lives of the victims, remember who they were, their aspirations, who they would have become. All we get is their faces, their ages, their majors. We get just a hint of what could have been, and maybe that's the most heartbreaking part. The dream deferred? If only.

Talya and I are thinking of going to see The Decemberists play here in Chicago tonight. It's $26. And I also have an interview for an assistant training coordinator position, which could be really cool and a nice promotion if I get it. And maybe some big bucks! Big as in more than I'm making now. So, not that big.

Whatever. If I don't leave my current job, I will most definitely quit. It is too much of a headache dealing with my superior. I know, what kind of job could I have that would be so stressful? I'm a frickin barista! But I promise, this guy is terrible, and I say that after several months. Ok ok, enough. So, definitely moving on. I feel stuck in a way I haven't experienced before. Stuck not that I can't go forward, but that I can't go upward. Or outward.

I am an egg and you are the hammer.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, April 19, 2007, Blogger Class of 2000 officers said…

    what sort of egg?

    barista-ism has swallowed many a vigilant soldier. if it's not what you want ultimatly, get out. get out. get out. get out.

    i know a guy who is saying these same things for the sixth year in a row.

    hire a life coach. or just enjoy the best job on earth, either way.

     
  • At 12:28 AM, April 20, 2007, Blogger Monsterbeard said…

    I only want to say these things for six years in a row if I'm at a different job every year.

    The egg is cage-free organic, and now it's scrambled.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home