I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

08 January 2006

Hurry up!

The last post was my 50th on this new blog, which I should have pointed out then, but it doesn't seem like something to celebrate since this has been running for about 7 or 8 months now.

This is going to be a shitty post. Mainly because I am feeling cranky already, but also because I'm in a public place. Sorry. Bob- Freakonomics was really easy to read. But it feels incomplete, in the sense that I want the guy to move past the data like all the people who make poor generalizations do. But it was really nice thinking about things people don't think about very easily. My two favorite parts were probably the story about the guy who lived with and studied a gang and the chapter on names. Everyone, you have probably already heard of Freakonomics, but it is by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner, and I don't know how to explain what it's about. It's about how the cause of things is more complex and less complex than people think. It is on the bestseller list, so check it out. I'm off to a great start for the year in reading, I guess.

I'm having trouble moving, because I'm having trouble getting into communication with the right people. Phone tag is a lot more frustrating than I thought, despite the cute name. But now my goal is to move in by January 15th. That is a week from today. I think I can do that.

Katie- I never want to eat something called "Pocky." "Pocky" is the nickname of the kid who doesn't bathe in 3rd grade. "Pocky" is the name of the raccoon on a kid's nature cartoon. "Pocky" is not something you put in your mouth.

Don't see "Fun with Dick and Jane" in the theaters. The sole reason being is that it is a scant hour and change of a movie. I will be generous and say an hour and 20 minutes. It is a good movie, but with a time like that, we are all getting short-changed. Even you, Jim Carrey, because you can be even funnier with a little more time.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home