I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

14 November 2005

The Rabbit Hole

Today I thought: Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to be notified when all the blogs you read were updated? Well there is, but it seems trickier than I can manage. But then I realized, none of us update only a daily basis. Forgive me, I have had my share of binges and purges in blogging, certainly. But it is with disgusting regularity that I check blogs multiple times each day, to no avail. I can manage to click through ten or so links in a 15 minute timespan, but I can't manage to read my bible consistently.

You heard it here first. It has been since thursday, when I read almost to the end of Matthew's journey, that the book was opened before me. Instead, I have been laboriously reading Stephen King, a man whose fiction I have never had the daring to even consider, and yet his nonfiction has my rapt attention.

That is the boring part of this story. This is the exciting stuff:

Over a gnocci dinner tonight, I told my parents how much I hated living at home with them. It mainly consisted of "I hate living here." I certainly don't hate them. I love them, and they have provided me with more needs than I even...well, need. But it's like I was saying before. Living at home lays the foundations of thinking that I am a failed adult.

I am planning on moving somewhere else. Right now my eyes are set on Chicago, America's second city. What I'd like to do is find a job there that somehow involves the creative endeavors of either producing, writing, or editing films on a paid basis. However, I am willing to settle for a paying job in another field if I can also accept a non-paying job in this field. But this is the kind of opportunity I'm talking about. Kind of.

So what does everyone think of Chicago? More opportunity, more people, less people I know, less people I love.

"A chicken in every pot" was originally said by King Henry the IV of France. However, most people today attribute it to Herbert Hoover during the 1928 Presidential Campaign. This is incorrect. King Henry, a champion of the people, supposedly once said "If God allows me to live, I will see that there is not a single labourer in my kingdom who does not have a chicken in his pot every Sunday," only he said it in French.
Herbert Hoover presided over the Stock Market crash that began the Great Depression, which lasted from 1929 until America's entry into WWII in 1941. To be fair, it wasn't his fault. He also had a dam named after him, which was originally called Boulder Dam.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:10 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Class of 2000 officers said…

    clean cut?

    also, when are you going to accept the fact that god made you to be a teacher?

    or is that exactly what you wanted me to say?

    The title of this post is History of the World Part II

     
  • At 2:04 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Monsterbeard said…

    I don't know what's wrong with teaching a gay man to love my feet, do you?

    Thank you for the enthusiasm. I don't have to do it here, but I promise I will teach something to someone, someday. You know what I mean.

    Also, if you're looking for a history lesson, I'm obviously providing it in easy to swallow chunks along with each update.(see: this one).

    the title of this post is Sequels Sequels are no fun.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger shorttallnotatall said…

    lyndsey, you're the one that gets the amen. thank you. Jesus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home