I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

16 May 2007

Do You Like Business Casual?

I start my new job tomorrow morning. And I just closed and it's really late and I should be sleeping! But I'm a bit nervous/excited so here I am.

Tonight this guy came in and while he was waiting for his drink, I overheard him telling his friend about how one time he had been shot at! It was crazy and when I said that his story (which I didn't hear the rest of) was intriguing he said "yeah, don't go to Portland, Oregon." Wha-wha-What? "But I hear it's so nice there" I said, with the hopes of keeping a trip to Portland in my list of things to do. "Well, not if you're my skin color, but you would have a great time," he said. Now would be the time to point out that he was non-white. Although, interestingly enough, he was quite light-skinned. Anyway, it didn't make me feel better. I wanted to say something about racism in certain areas of the country, but what am I thinking, the whole damn place is full of racists (and non-racists too). It's not like we took all the racists and put them in [insert stereotypical area of the country].

For the nerds, I'm really excited about this Japan-only game demo I just downloaded off of Xbox Live. It's a R(ole)P(laying)G(ame) called Eternal Sonata with an amazing premise. The game takes place inside of Chopin's head after he falls into a coma shortly before his death. He dreams up a world where music is a physical part of life, or something like that. I mean, that sells you right there. But the game world is also really beautiful, with lots of bright colors. I'll tell you how it is, but I'm really excited to try it out.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home