I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

13 May 2005

here we go

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I have been neglecting. As always seems to happen.

Two really cool things happened in the past 28 hours, and one really cool thing will be happening in the next 72.

First, I saw Kingdom of Heaven. Now, I don't know if you prefer Ridley Scott(the director) or not, but he's made some pretty classic movies (Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator). And this is no exception. I don't want to say it's perfect. It certainly isn't. But any movie that keeps me thinking for more than a day has to be at least a little bit good (sorry Big Fish). And it dealt with Christianity, the religion, and spirituality. And Muslims. And if that hasn't sold you yet, let me say just one more thing: Leper. Yeah, you heard me. Check it out.

Also, there was a special on MTV tonight that revealed the next generation Xbox. I was really excited, and then I watched MTV. Why does MTV ruin everything? They took something that could be enjoyable in itself and put so much garbage around it that you could barely see the cool stuff. If I want to watch the killers, I'll watch the OC. But if I want to check out my future wife in the form of a small box, then let it be! Suffice to say I was left unsatisfied. Whatever. E3 is coming up, so I can get my fill of video game news then. I hate MTV.

And lastly, this weekend I am going white water rafting with a great man for his bachelor party. There will also be drinking, I'm sure. But I don't think we'll be drinking and rafting together. That's just a dangerous combination. But it should be a blast. So no updates till after that.

Leper.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, May 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering how it was that there are no comments...

    I heard from everyone that the MTV show was wildly disappointing. The design of the the thing is very disappointing, given the amount of hype it had gotten. I thought it would actually look good. It just looks ok. It looks like Microsoft trying to be Apple, but really not having the heart for it. (Look, for example, at the lettering of XBOX360 on the side and on the disk drive. That part doesn't look like Apple in any particular way except that it's trying to look good, but instead just looks mediocre.) At least it looks better than XBox 1. Did I mention to you that XBox 1 has lost 3 Billion dollars for Microsoft? Bill Gates response, which is actually a very smart response, is "What we got this round--at some significant financial cost--was the opportunity to play again. But play again with greater credibility."

    I do like this poster

    http://www.xbox360.com/latin/poster_wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

    Hope you're well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home