I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

19 February 2006

Should Be, Could Be, and Would Be Movies

I have to show you something. Actually, this is another one of those posts that is mostly about things other than me. But I have to show you something before any of that. Ladies and Gentlemen, the greatest Doctor/Crimefighter sinces Dr. Seuss, I give you Dr. McNinja.

I'm excited to say that I am working on two different screenplay projects right now, in a round robin fashion. I'm helping Katie with a project of hers and Talya is helping me with a project of mine (primarily in the form of constant encouragement, but soon critique as well). All that's left is for Katie to help Talya on a project and the circle will be complete. Or you could add more and more people to the circle and it would still be complete then. Anyway, I'm excited to share this with you all and I hope to be at that point soon (within the month, hopefully). And then the round robin will feel more like a dip where everyone puts the part they bit off back in. You know I don't even know what round robin means. Ok, now I know.

I use Wikipedia to find out a crazy variety of information. The other night I went from reading about a Polish officer in WWII and by the end of the night I had ended up at a Timeline of Fictional Historical Events, which started with references to The Fantastic Four and Futurama, and ended with the year 2004 and information on Napoleon Dynamite, Cadillac Beach, and ER. I wish I were kidding. A conglomerate of things that happened in fictitious worlds.

Anyway, over at Apple Trailers there are a bunch of movie trailers that I really like and wanted to share. You should definitely check out Nacho Libre, which stars Jack Black and comes from School of Rock writer and Napoleon Dynamite director. It's about a man and his dream to become a spanish wrestler (A Luchador?). Jack Black uses a hispanic accent through the whole movie.
Dave Chapelle's Block Party- Dave is back from Africa and put together a party in Brooklyn featuring Kanye, The Roots, a bunch of other bands and a Fugees reunion! It looks great and is directed by Eternal Sunshine man.
Friends with Money features Frances Mcdormand, Jennifer Aniston, Joan Cusack, and Catherine Keener. 'Nuff said.
I thought Why We Fight would be a reissue of the classic WWII propaganda film from Frank Capra, but it's actually an interesting looking documentary about the American military industrial complex.
Brick features the guy from 10 Things I Hate About You and 3rd Rock from the Sun in what looks to be a great thriller.
American Dreamz looks poised to mock the President, American Idol, and terrorists all in one movie. It looks great and full of good performances.
Click, a new Adam Sandler movie, is predictable before the trailer starts, but at least it'll probably be funny.
And Inside Man is the new movie from Spike Lee that simply looks outstanding. His movies always have more to them than you can understand at first, and this looks no different. Is Clive Owen getting sexier as he ages? Am I allowed to ask that?
Two that you don't have to see, but I'll mention are Miami Vice and Slither. Slither is a horror comedy that will probably suck, but it's got my man Nathan Fillion in it, so I have to give him props. Miami Vice has a lot of bad press because supposedly Jamie and Colin didn't get along. However, Michael Mann brought us Heat and Collateral, both of which are amazing. it also looks to have a great "COPS" feel to it, which is good for what it is.

Any movies looking good to you?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home