I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

05 June 2006

Canis Lupus

Right now, I am watching "Growing Up Wolf" on Animal Planet. I really like wolves. There's something distinctly different about them from domesticated dogs. Besides their slinky grace, I'm fascinated by their complex social structure. They're also the coolest predators of North America. I also heard Hugh Jackman (of X-Men fame) studied the way wolves hunt for his role as Wolverine. Anyway, enough dork talk.

Wait, actually, dork talk may be all I have to offer. The other day, a guy on the "El" train (not the The train, but elevated) was reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I have already read and am currently working through the audio version. I got to chatting with him about it and other good fantasy works. It was a really nice conversation, and the second one I've had on the train because of Harry Potter. But then I had to leave, because it was my stop. And most of the time, taking the El during rush hour sucks.

Has anyone seen the USA show The 4400? It's about 4400 people who were abducted over the course of the last 60 years, but now all of them suddenly returned at the same time, and some have special powers, or something. It sounds like something that is totally awesome, and it's produced by Ira Steven Behr, the main creative force behind Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Bob, I am directing this at you, if you haven't already seen the show.

Owls are a hoot!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, June 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't seen The 4400, but I woulc like to. ...

     
  • At 12:30 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Patrick said…

    I would argue that, while wolves are certainly awesome, perhaps mountain lions/pumas would be a better choice for NA's best pred. Or how about bears? I mean, crap, bears ate that dude that studied bears. Bears remind me of sharks of the forest--they're huge, powerful, and generally eat lots of garbage. So maybe not bears.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home