I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

12 June 2006

Seven Brides for Seven Horcruxes

Patrick- I understand your reasoning for choosing a bear or a mountain lion as North America's greatest predator, but I would have to disagree. Certainly a bear or lion would be the most intimidating and most powerful choice, but that's like choosing a giant ogre or troll over an elven assassin. Think about that? Those wolves, they're thick as thieves, sneaking about, stealing chickens. By the time you realize they've surrounded you, it's too late.

Bob is asking what should be done about Darfur. I plan on submitting my ideas, and I would encourage you to do the same. Maybe together we can come up with a realistic suggestion for our congresspersons.

Thanks Lyndsey, for the promotion. More work for the same amount of money. A real treat.

Over this past weekend, while moving Talya to her new residence in Akron, I may have listened to a total of 9 or 10 hours of Harry Potter on my iPod, audiobook style. Sadly, I'm not burned out, but I may have permanently damaged my brain. Last night I had a dream while my alarm was going off that I had to get up to keep Malfoy from getting more polyjuice potion. And I want to use a British accent and say things like "loads more" or "That's just it, isn't it?" which seem to pop up more in Harry Potter than other places, like TV.

Next time, I need to tell you about Eric Schlosser.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Patrick said…

    I maintain that mountain lions are more stealthy than wolves. Wolves hunt in packs. And I like cats better than dogs. But I like wolves plenty too, because they're like dogs, only better. But waht about birds of prey? Should we consider, perhaps, the awesomeness inherent in an owl's stealth? Or in a hawk's vision?

    I really wish I had some inkling of what to do in Darfur. What can you do? What changes anything, really? Not to nay say, but the world is too big to make a difference in the whole world. That's what I feel, if not what I hope.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Patrick said…

    Also, I saw your photos. Your hair is now like mine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home