I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

19 May 2007

They Are Coming For One of Us

My new job, which started out kind of slow, gets better with each day. I'm already getting the hang of training people on my own and learning how to certify them. Yesterday, though, we had to fire a trainee because he was swearing in frustration at the register. His first time there. In front of customers. They call it termination. And then they call it Term for short, which makes it so inhuman.

But, that's the way things go and I don't really think he would have made a good employee in the first place. Not that he can't do a goob job, but he just doesn't seem fit for retail (which is definitely not a bad thing, although people is job one).

Wait, did I just say people is job one? Can I say that without sounding like a corporate sellout (which I guess I am). Well, yeah, I'm going to say that, because people should always be job one. If you put something else before people, you lose something. And I don't mean this to the extreme degree. I mean this in the simple way.

I may have gotten my old boss fired. I do not feel bad in any way. More on this as it happens.

UPDATE:
I guess I never bothered to fully explain my new position. My title is Assistant Training Coordinator. I have close to the full authority of a Manager and in some cases more. My job is to prepare new hires for what they'll be doing and what they should know. I'll also be involved in the expansion and development of training programs. I wear business casual.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home