I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

17 May 2005

The Nature Side of This Update

White Water Rafting was ok. I wouldn't say it was amazing, because it wasn't. I'm happy to have experienced it, but I have no need to experience it again. Was it scary? Yes, mostly because it's hard to guarantee safety in nature, and because I have slow reflexes. To be honest, I was more interested in the rock formations causing the rapids than the rapids themselves. What does this say about me? Maybe deep down, I am an introvert in an extrovert's shell (wink).

But, I really admire nature people. I love people who are able to live like a hippie and know how to survive in nature. And I love the camaraderie between nature people, like all the tour guides or whatever. But I am not a nature person. I don't know what it is, I just don't handle it well. Maybe it's because I can't understand preparedness, like it being a good idea to bring antibacterial gel or a trash bag or things like that. Maybe it's the bugs.

So, I enjoy learning about rock formations and nature, but I'm not good at being IN nature. So... I can be a tour guide, just not a survival expert. I don't know. I'd still love to go to Alaska or Yosemite and really see all there is to see, the wildlife and hot springs and all that.

Speaking of Yosemite, Cameron Diaz has a new show on MTV that is really good. It's called Trippin, and it's basically her and whoever she chooses going on an expedition to some nature destination. Last week it was Yosemite, and Rebecca Romijn and DMX were with her. I kid you not, DMX. He wasn't big on the nature stuff though. Anyway, it's great because it pushes learning about nature as well as how we can help the environment, which are great things. And it makes me like Cameron Diaz, which is hard for me sometimes. I dont' know if anyone else ever feels like that. Maybe it is dumb to think about liking or not liking people I don't even know.

And that's all for nature news.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, May 18, 2005, Blogger Sweet T said…

    I've always liked Cameron Diaz... does that make me better or worse than you... ;)

     
  • At 8:07 PM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always haven't liked Cameron Diaz, except for I can't get around how great she was in Being John Malkovich. I think, and this makes me the worse of both of you, I don't like how she looks. I find her unpleasant to look at. Shallow Katie, that's my name and judging Hollywood starlets is my game.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home