I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

10 November 2005

A Drunken Punch-Up at a Wedding

Sorry it has taken so long to continue. Here's the thing: I went to Dayton and on Friday night I had the luxury (and I truly mean that) of reading Matthew 23 to my former housemates while we were preparing for sleep. That was a great moment. Then I missed Saturday and Sunday (again!) but hit the bible up Monday and Tuesday. However, today isn't happening. I'll say that now. I'm tired.

Have you ever been in a wedding? Have you ever been a groomsman? Let me tell you a secret: easy-pie. Easy freaking pie. Do you know what you have to do? Show up. That's it. You get to wear a nice suit, be treated like one of the most important people of the weekend, and then party as much as you want. The hardest part is just standing up in front of all those people for the wedding. It is certainly hard to stand for such a long period of time, and try to look good through it all (not that anyone is looking at the groomsmen. They aren't.). So anyway, drunk at the reception. Drunk at bowling after the reception, and drunk into the late-night donut shop trip as well. You know the best part? It was a great drunk. No throw-up, no blackouts, and a minimal number of people offended (hopefully not an exaggeration). And it was fun! Drunk with friends. Old friends, new friends, and people I'll never see again. At a wedding, it is easy to get pressured into doing another shot of tequila.

Did you know that the Manchester Terrier looks like a miniature version of the Doberman Pincher? Don't believe me? See for yourself.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish we could video chat. I'm sorry I've been slow in talking to you about some important things. Let's talk soon and please remind me that I want to mention a couple things. For now, a joke: For me, the most difficult part of being part of the bridal party is fending the ladies off with a stick. But I understand that given the ladies' level of repulsion vis-a-vis you, standing up would be more difficult in your case.

    Here's a funny thing to say with a smug look on your face (if you want to look stupid): "You can catch more bees with honey..."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home