I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

02 November 2005

In Amber Clad

Tuesday: whatever chapters came after Monday. I've been going in two chapter increments. Actually, I might have only read 20 for Tuesday. Let me tell you something: The first section of 20 pisses me off. I mean, it's just irritating in the way that things that aren't fair are irritating. These guys agree to work a vineyard for a denari, and they're going to work all day. But throughout the day, the owner goes and gets guys, more guys every 3 hours or so. And the guys who end up only working one hour still get paid a denari. And the first guys are like, what the heck? Why do they get more? That's not fair. And then the owner says, Didn't you agree to work for a denari? How is it unfair? Or is it that you're jealous of them getting the same as you for less work. Dang it! I hate that. It makes total biblical sense, but absolutely no world sense, which is what makes it so frustrating. I don't want what I agreed to, I want what I earned compared to what the other people earned.

Oh sweet irony, how you never yield.

I'm going to Dayton for a wedding this weekend. You know what that means? Drunkeness. People were talking today and I thought about how hilarious it would be if the ring bearer was just a trained bear. But then Talya said it would be funnier if it was a little kid in a bear suit. Or it may have been that I said the bear suit and she said the bear. I have memory issues. Why don't people make weddings more ridiculous? That's what makes those Star Wars and Star Trek weddings so great. Although, I suppose they don't think about how ridiculous it is. Hmmm. This seems to be a track to nowhere.

This week's Time Magazine has an Op-Ed by Bono in the back. It's not exactly enlightening or anything. It's hardly inspiring. But, some people love their Bono. The cover story is about global diseases, and the map insert is much more interesting than Bono's piece. But that's just me.

I'm going to buy a book called "Naked Economics" by Charles Wheelan, which is supposed to make Economics understandable for those of us without a subscription to the Wall Street Journal. I secretly hope you crack up at that last line. Or should I have said "without a job at the Federal Reserve"? Or "those of us who aren't Allen Greenspan"? Is it Allen? Or Alan? Maybe we should have a contest, where you fill in the blank with the funniest line to finish "which is supposed to make Economics understandable for those of us..." Ooooh, how about "those of us who don't have shit for brains." Hmmm. I think this needs to end.

Oh yeah. I read for Wednesday too, but the funny thing is, I fell asleep after reading chapter 21. So I only read one chapter today too. But at least I read, right? How is everyone else doing?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Beth said…

    "for those of us who failed it twice in undergrad and don't know where that 20 in last year's coat pocket came from."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home