I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

25 May 2007

Today I worked for 11 hours straight

Happy Memorial Day weekend. Memorial Day is to honor fallen US soldiers. Not to be confused with Remembrance Day (which we call Veteran's Day) which is to honor the fallen soldiers from the world wars.

The World Wars. My upcoming novel. Soon to be released on trade paperback by Bantam Books! Isn't that the perfect title for a sci-fi paperback about a war between Earth and Mars? I seriously should get a $10,000 advance for that last sentence alone.

I worked from 6:15am to 5:30pm today. It was long. But that is nothing. Next week we will have an orientation for 12 new hires. Typically that number is around 4. So the next month will be quite a bit busier as we try to find a place where 12 people can all learn how to use a register together. But I have the weekend off, so I get to go home and visit some family and friends and celebrate a birthday and do laundry for free.

I've been reading on the train to and from work. It's really nice, especially because the book, The Historian, is very suspenseful. The only problem is that during rush hour its much more difficult to stand and read and hold on and not bump into people during the trip. But at least it's daily reading. And you need that when you're talking about a 660 page book.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home