I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

17 May 2005

The Technology Side of This Update

Sometimes I wish I had more friends who were into video games. Right now, I have Cat and Bob. And with Bob in Seattle, Cat and I are left alone to fight against the naysayers. E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo, has begun, and along with it, two amazing revelations have occurred, and they are both about Nintendo.

I just watched a trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which is coming out this fall. You can find the trailer
here. It is amazing. Not only is it by far the most amazing looking Zelda game ever, but Link, our faithful hero of ages past, can transform himself into a lupine state. Wolf, my friends, wolf! I am so excited about this amazing looking game.

Secondly, Nintendo revealed its next-generation console, the Revolution, and it looks amazing! It blows Xbox 360 out of the water, and even gives the super sleek Sony PS3 a run for the money.
Here is a picture of this awesome design.

But, I'm officially not buying any new games until I have a better job. That means no:

Jade Empire
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Advent Rising (by Orson Scott Card)

Dork dork dork. I'm so excited. And yes, I know I'm getting old or whatever some shit, but I love video games, so don't be a hater. Later.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, May 18, 2005, Blogger Megan said…

    I don't mean for this to be cruel or tempting, just informative. My husband is the biggest video game geek I've ever met. I know there are people more obsessed with them than he is, but that's only because he's told me so. On that note, Daniel loved Jade Empire and thought it was one of the best games he'd played in a while. He played through it several times after he got it. So, based on his recommendation, whenever you do get around to buying more video games, that's the one I'd buy first.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, May 18, 2005, Blogger Monsterbeard said…

    thanks megan. That makes your husband like a hundred times cooler than he already was. If he is on xbox live, we should share gamer tags and play against each other. And it would kind of be like actually knowing a person.

    Also, thanks for the info on the GHW Bush thing, about the supermarket. I'm glad to know that was a farce. I hope you are well in sunny california.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, May 19, 2005, Blogger Seth said…

    I think I read someplace that adult males are the fastest growing gamer demographic. You're in good company.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, May 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't want to be a naysayer, and I have been disappointed by what I've seen of the Revolution. I am worried about the new controller (afraid they actually are going further in the direction of "one big red button" as in the progression from N64 to GameCube controllers) and sad that N doesn't care about having good tech specs (imagine if the DS had the graphics and big screen of the PSP!) and afraid about all the next-gen systems having only wireless controllers...

    but I like the new Zelda

     
  • At 12:07 AM, May 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    but what difference does it make for good tech? i'm so sick and tired of all this good tech for games that are largely the same--the same shooting games (oh, there's the alien/zombie/foreigner (not the band) and i have to kill him, bang), the same party games like ddr: prayer of jabez edition, the same racing games, and the same kill things and steal things and wait, all of these kinds of games are made by rockstar. right. i understand your wishes for good graphics and fountains of countless pixels, but the thing i love about nintendo is that their games are actually good and interesting (like the new zelda), instead of the same damn thing over and over again. which goes for sony and microsoft. yeesh.

    i guess, if you're doing the same actions over and over again, it doesn't matter if you have a single button? maybe xbox 720 should look into this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home