I am full of deceit

You probably won't find what you're looking for

02 June 2007

Happy Birthday Katie

The Cavs (the Cleveland NBA team) just made it to the NBA finals for the first time in their history, which is really nice. It's like 15 years ago, only Michael Jordan isn't shutting us down every year.

I have a fear with my script. Not that it's badly written or uninteresting, because those are things that I can deal with as they come. My fear is discovering that someone has already written the same story, and even worse that they have done it better than I could. And the idea of someone reading my work and having those thoughts is worse than not liking it at all.

I always avoid volunteering information about myself unless people ask directly. Do you think that's residual shyness from 6th grade? Or is that the idea of being mysterious? All I know is that most people don't know I write or have a script. And these are three things I really really like without any idea as to why: Skyscraper architecture, ships, open spaces (water, fields). It's something I can't figure out but I'm hooked on them.

Reading The Historian might be more enjoyable for me (and you?) because I really enjoy history already, so hearing about real history in a fictional context is intriguing.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, June 03, 2007, Blogger crankin said…

    I am definately with you on the historical interest of The Historian. I did know you were writing a screenplay, but Talya told me... not you. Next time, I will be sure to ask you directly.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, June 04, 2007, Blogger Patrick said…

    You'd be very happy then, to witness a skyscraper ship floating on the open sea, yes?

    I wish I had a picture of such a thing, or the photo editing programs that would allow me to create one for you.

    Also, ever thought about how many screenplays ARE rewrites (read: romantic comedies and most action movies)? But that doesn't stop them from being made. Into millions of dollars of profits!! Cha-ching!

    I'm sure your story is as original as a story can be. Because you are original.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, June 04, 2007, Blogger Class of 2000 officers said…

    shut up and post the script, cowboy.

     
  • At 12:54 AM, June 14, 2007, Blogger Robert C. said…

    You know your team is terrible when you have to say "the NBA team" after your team name.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home